Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few saturn pics

JonnyK

These are the 3 images I have captured with my 127 Mak, only had it a few weeks and still cannot get the image on screen with the barlow :( i'll keep trying as im sure I can get more detail. Anyway these are my eforts so far (only a little bit of wavelet tweaking in registax)

post-34943-133877780627_thumb.jpg

I spent a 'happy' (not) half hour entirely failing to get Saturn on the screen with a 2x Barlow last night. Really frustrating. ;-) Without the Barlow (just webcam) - absolutely fine - no problem. With the Barlow - nothing, despite having it lined up perfectly in the center when viewing with a 2x Barlow with 12mm eyepiece. Maybe it *is* there but the focussing isn't fine enough to catch it and I end up focussing straight past/through it? I'll just have to keep trying... :-)

What software do you use to capture...

I ask as i am new to this and i was having the same issue, then it dawned on me :)

The barlow is reducing the amount of light reaching the sensor! :(

So i maxed out the gamma, gain, and exposure to find that Saturn was in the center of the frame all along :( only the image was set to dark, i then re adjusted the setting before capturing.!!

I hope this helps

Craig

I have trouble with Saturn on a barlow too but only because i have a dob and it moves so fast! What i do is point at a bright star out of focus so its a big blob then the important thing is too make a mental note of where your finder is pointing as its often not directly on the target, focus the star and then point at Saturn at the same relative point you where with the star. Should be able to see it in the webcam then. I had a lovely big image in my webcam last night just couldn't capture it. I need an eq mount its too hard with a dob Im finding.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Thankyou for the replies everyone, I use sharpcap as well so I will give maxing the gamma to be honest I dont touch the setting that much on it. I also never though about getting all the setting done first on a different object!Might be able to get out tonight and have a go. It is very frustrating as with just the webcam it's relatively easy to find saturn on screen. Thanks again folks

Nice images there, when using my cam + Barlow I also have a black screen all I do is turn iso up aperture wider then rack the focuser until it appears, blink I might miss it, or I find the moon with the Barlow first as it's fairly bright then send scope to mars, not literally :(

Keep em coming mate

Archived