Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MX Camera Prob.

barkis

I am trying to get my MX916 to work. It came with no software so I had to download from SXpress.

I have installed the USB2 Interface, which installs a s BlockIOClass, and Starlight Xpress USB2.0 SXV, as it's contents.

There is a bit that says I need to disable Check VID/PID option in set program defaults, or the software will fail to recognize the interface.

What and where are they talking about here. Got me baffled. Anybody any Idea on this?

There are two camera progs available Starmx9. or Pixm9 Tried both to no avail. I am missing something, but I don't know what. Could be a brain I suppose :(

Thanks Ron.

Don't know if this will help.( slightly different camera)

My computer one day would not recognise my SXVM7 camera. I tried for ages to get it to work.In the end I did the following.

Remove all references to the camera.( SXVIO.sys , SXV_M7.inf etc)

Manually put the correct files into they correct places.( SXVIO.sys and Generic.sys into Windows\System32\Drivers folder and SXV_M7.inf into Windows\Inf

I then switched the computer off , plugged in the camera ( does not have to be powered) and then switched the computer ( its windows xp) on. It now recognises the camera BUT only if I plug it in before switching on the computer.

John

PS the VID/PID is only used if you have two different cameras attached. It should be unchecked.

I use Astroart to run my camera. ( don't like the Starlight Xpress stuff)

Don't know if this will help.( slightly different camera)

My computer one day would not recognise my SXVM7 camera. I tried for ages to get it to work.In the end I did the following.

Remove all references to the camera.( SXVIO.sys , SXV_M7.inf etc)

Manually put the correct files into they correct places.( SXVIO.sys and Generic.sys into Windows\System32\Drivers folder and SXV_M7.inf into Windows\Inf

I then switched the computer off , plugged in the camera ( does not have to be powered) and then switched the computer ( its windows xp) on. It now recognises the camera BUT only if I plug it in before switching on the computer.

John

PS the VID/PID is only used if you have two different cameras attached. It should be unchecked.

I use Astroart to run my camera. ( don't like the Starlight Xpress stuff)

Thanks John, tried that but no success. When I select the camera, the control window appears, preceded by a beep, like when there is an error, but no message. I have a lens attached, and I take an exposure, the progress bar appears showing the download, but at the end, all I get is a white window. Where exactly is the VID/PID uncheck box, I can't find it anywhere.

Ron.

Terry Platt at Starlight is pretty good with helping out problems like this. He is active on the starlight yahoo user group.

Anthony

I have jost posted a message on there Anthony, perhaps I will get an answer soon.

Thanks everyone, It will be sorted soon I hope.

Ron.

Thanks to all for their encouragement during my struggle to get the camera to obey orders. Finally got it licked with no small contribution from Terry Platt and Roger at Starlight Xpress. I don't think they ever get any sleep. The respond very quickly on their message board.

Just have to learn how to use it properly now. That could be hilarious too. :D

Ron. :)

Thanks to all for their encouragement during my struggle to get the camera to obey orders. Finally got it licked with no small contribution from Terry Platt and Roger at Starlight Xpress. I don't think they ever get any sleep. The respond very quickly on their message board.

Just have to learn how to use it properly now. That could be hilarious too. :)

Ron. :(

So glad you're sorted Ron :D Now the real fun begins!! :(

Helen

Thanks all, I am off on holiday thursday with a sense of relief. I didn't relish going away with a potentially duff camera niggling at me. Of course, I always fear the worst, it makes the fix all the more pleasurable. (I think I could have worded that better somehow.) :D

Archived