Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M27 bi-colour

Spikey

Ok :) here we have the start of an M27 bi-colour Ha:sG:Oiii; processed captured with the ED80/Atik 16HR through Baader Ha & Oiii filters. Ha - 7x1200 seconds and Oiii - 3x1200 seconds (daylight!).

This was my first 'live' use of MaximDL to guide, capture, align & stack and I think I'm going to like it ! 20 min subs on the first outing without drift aligning and the graphs looked pretty good.

This has no calibration frames at all yet. As you can see I've struggled with the star colours which are mainly swamped by the Red Ha. I'm considering do an RGB star layer for this one if I can get some good seeing to pull out the outer shell. Never tried to process in this way before and it's quite a task :(

picture.php?albumid=1509&pictureid=17564

Very nice Simon,lovely lot of detail in there.

I,m starting to play with narrowband myself,just trying to get something acceptable at the mo.

Good fun though.

Mick.

This is my attempt at anything narrowband other than Ha Mick. Certainly different way of working, good fun though. Lot's of changes I need to get familiar with on the whole workflow now. Dare I say the learning curves do start to have less of an incline than they used to :(

Thats interesting, for 7x1200 I would have expected you to start picking up the outer skirt of Ha, but the state of the sky hasnt exactly been great for the past few nights (I didnt bother wed/thur). However, the breeze seems to have blown away the mist so tonight looks to be a good un.

Best of luck, im looking forward to seeing the outer shell :(

Rob

I'll get some more data on this tonight by the looks of the weather :( Time to set up in a minute when I can see Polaris that is !

Rob - I was surprised myself but I've stretched the subs and stack hard and there is hardly any sign. Two factors here I think, one the rubbish seeing last night and two M27 is stuck in the orange horizon LP murk which doesn't help much.

Thanks Mark, I'll see what tonight brings. Might have a quick go at the veil when it pops past one of my trees later :)

Archived