Skywatcher 250px

Astronomy is a time of peace and contemplation for me. that isn't going to happen if every time I get the scope out there is an argument. You need to find out what her objections are and work out a compromise you can both live with. sorry can't be more help.

Well heres the thing, we live in a top floor apartment and are sort of in the middle of looking for a new house to live. So what comes with that is we will need to buy all kinds of house hold items furniture etc etc. But a new house also means a nice big garden hence the upgrade from my SW 130 to the 250px. I have to admit she sort of has a point but the urge to upgrade is huge at the moment. The other problem is that she thinks my 130 is huge lol. Im paying the scope myself so the cash is not the issue here its more about priorities. Dont get me wrong she likes the hobby but thinks at the moment some things are more important. This is a tough one !!

Astronomy is a time of peace and contemplation for me. that isn't going to happen if every time I get the scope out there is an argument.

That's half of the answer.... :(

Well heres the thing, we live in a top floor apartment

.... and I think you've just provided the other half right there. :)

Don't forget the old cliche too.... "They ain't goin' nowhere" :)

I know that is sensible thinking Treeden but i sort of think we only live once plus if i buy now i wont have to buy again ( Hopefully :) )

I know what you mean, but if you're plan is to buy the 250PX because of your intended move to the house with the nice big garden, then that's what the nice big dob is for.... the nice big garden :(

It's hard to hold back when you have the money ready to spend, but if it was me I'd wait.

Good luck either way.

Rob :)

I think if you buy it now, you'll more than likely be sleeping in it for a while. :(:):D:D

As others have said, I would wait till the move and things have settled and make a decision then. If the timing is right, you'll just about have that scope when the dark longer skies return that will enable you to put that beast to work.

If all fails, buy it and stick it in the wardrobe (might need a new wardrobe) and claim you have had it for ages - that's what my other half does!:):D

James

Why not go for the 200, it is big enough to give you the views you want and you will have compromised with the misses which will buy you brownie points, not an argument of how big the new scope is and how much room it takes up!

Good luck either way!

Archived