Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece (other bits) case

Hi, where do you guys buy your eyepiece and other accessories cases from, you know, the aluminium ones with foam inside which you cut away to fit each item in?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

alot of the guys get them from maplins. but i bagged a makita drill case from flea bay for a tenner, and foam for about 4 quid. its rugged as its built for heavy equipment to be chucked about by hairy builders.

Hmmm, now there's a thought Rory, i have a load of Drill/Router boxes in my workshop, they will never get the tools back in there....photo will follow when i have tracked down some foam....:)

yeah, alot of those tool cases are very robust. i grabbed some foam 40mm thick off the bay for a fiver. im sure theres other places to get some though.

alot of the guys get them from maplins. but i bagged a makita drill case from flea bay for a tenner, and foam for about 4 quid. its rugged as its built for heavy equipment to be chucked about by hairy builders.

I too have a surplus of drill cases. just wondering, is there any specific type of foam that should be used for this?:)

I too have a surplus of drill cases. just wondering, is there any specific type of foam that should be used for this?:)

i dont believe so. theres pluck foam,thats easy to rip out bits to make the right shape for a particular item. but i just simply measured the thickness of the inside depth of the makita case and went from there. 40mm thick was plenty for me.

something like this .http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/50mm-Camera-Case-Foam-Camcorder-Case-Foam-Packaging-/370610235616?pt=UK_Camera_Cases_Bags_Covers&hash=item564a1768e0

Archived