Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 & M51 working progress

jsigone

Good to be imaging again, first time in a couple months and missed most of the galaxy season which I'm ok with. Here's my start on M51, tried 5min subs but winds was causing a problem, managed TEN 2 min subs before it hit the flip and I moved to my next target (M13). I hope I get another clear night tonight and get the colored filter going, I've been using Ha only my last few times out. The LP doesn't seem too bad even w/ the 5min subs I didn't notice a harsh gradient. I'm sure the more I use this filter set, I'll know it's limits.

7188981178_af3ac1a735_c.jpg

M51 Lum 10x2min by jsigone, on Flickr

Managed to complete the full set before the coastal marine layer was over head at about midnight. The small star is pretty rough on this low res camera but I'll take it. Looks like I need to take some flats as well...and not sure which filter is causing the halo on the star.

decade old SX HX916 with Astronomiks LRGB filters

L= 10x2min

R= 6x2min

G= 6x2min

B= 6x2min

5 darks applied to each stack, no flats or bias frames applied

7190683612_18918d4f5a_c.jpg

M13 LRGB by jsigone, on Flickr

Archived