NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M13 + Propellor

Uranium235

This is part of last nights haul. Had a great session: no moon, perfectly clear and not one sub dropped :) It's a dose of the same tonight but the guiding has been a little more lumpy this time round. Regardless, it's such a relief to be out under the stars again.

The M13 propellor is something ive seen in other peoples photos, but never my own so this time I thought I should have a proper go at bagging it. Still no colour for this one as ive only just finished grabbing colour for M51 and Ive moved straight onto Sh2-101 (tulip), with the intention of also grabbing the optical companion of the Cygnus X-1 black hole at the same time.

M13: Great cluster in Hercules

18x240 (L)

ED80 (0.85x), Atik 314L+, CG5-GT

Setpoint temp: -10

Calibratinon: none

Thanks for looking :headbang:

Rob

attachment.php?attachmentid=86825&stc=1&d=1336869763

post-18171-133877773483_thumb.jpg

I think we're all "stir crazy" :headbang: Now we're panicking to get something captured, well at least I seem to have been. Been "burning the candle both ends" the last 3 days! Need to calm down a bit I think :)

I think I should have a go at M13 it's brighter than M101 that I seem to be having trouble with. Maybe M101 was a bit ambitious.

Excellent image, the star separation is really very good indeed. This is just the sort of image I was waiting to see from the SW ED80, shame you have no colour but still its a fab image :)

Archived