NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn May 12th Good seeing at last!

Hey nice repros Rob! I don't mind at all its good practice! They still don't look as good as your 14" Dob Saturn though...that was something else! :headbang:

I will post up the raw stacked TIFF if anyone else wants a play. :)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep Jason the extra frames make a big difference I'm capturing over 10000 and stacking 5000. I still think in very good seeing the webcam can produce images 90% as good but when its variable seeing then the dfk/dbk is that bit better.

Neil that silky word is just what I was thinking...to me its the difference between a photo and a "image". Like you say maybe a little too soft..something in between would look good. I will see what I can do about the blue must have upped the saturation too much.

Cheers Dror!

Fully agree. And blue does seem to rise with saturation, often more than other colours

Cheers Simon!

Gone a bit mad with these lol Here is another using 3x drizzle in as!2. More subtle though less detail but I almost like this more?

picture.php?albumid=477&pictureid=17412

I've been eagerly awaiting your Saturn images:) I like this process more too, very very nice

Archived