Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A quick Crescent in Ha

Spikey

Haven't been out imaging I nearly forgot which way round the scope was supposed to point :clouds2:

I started off the evening on an easy RGB of M13 but all my green subs were trashed through cloud so I might and synthesize the green channel.

So here I have a quick go at the Crescent nebula in Ha; 6 x 900 seconds using the ED80+F/R+Atik16HR. This wasn't framed, I trusted the mount to find this object as it was behaving and pointing accurately for once. No bias or flats yet.

picture.php?albumid=1509&pictureid=17366

Excellent image :icon_scratch: Interesting to me as I have the same scope and FR but not a CCD camera or Ha filter yet. Thank you for posting :rolleyes:

I managed to do a bit last night for the first time in nearly a month! I too find you get out of practice :clouds2:

Looks a bit like M1 to me be intersting to see the colour if you end up adding colour channels to the image. I love the detail you have captured and for point and shoot its pretty well framed is it not. Great to see so many getting some good use of the abscence of clouds, going to be so depressed when they inevitably return :clouds2:

Archived