Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Second Hand Ethos Prices (again!)

johninderby

Single poster. I have noticed several single post adverts on UKB&S asking for silly money. there was a CG5-GT for something like £550 the other week. I assume it might be rouge traders or people who bought new after the Brian cox effect haven't seen a clear night to use them and want to try and get all they can back of the kit.

[With apologies to spaceboy]

What would rouge traders be doing on AB&S, I wondered? Don't they realise no-one can see your make-up in the dark? But then it dawned on me... It gives a much nicer finish to your home-made mirror than cerium oxide...

James

Sorry I must have a different definition to what makes a rogue: Operating outside normal or desirable controls trader: (Business / Commerce) a person who engages in trade; dealer; merchant. I assumed it was due to similar traders why SGL no longer has a for sale section.

That is OTT but I guess if you are new to the hobby and have spent £500+ on something that you have hardly used then asking £400 or so for it might seem reasonable ;)

Stuff on E.Bay seems to have settled down a bit perhaps ? - I've seen Hyperions going for £60 each today and an Evostar 150 F/8 on an EQ5 (steel legs) with a BiN of £350 a couple of days back.

Someone has just got an Equinox 120ED for £750 or less on UK AB&S which seems a decent deal too.

Will sense prevail or will the madness set in again ?

We will see :eek:

Sorry I must have a different definition to what makes a rogue: Operating outside normal or desirable controls trader: (Business / Commerce) a person who engages in trade; dealer; merchant. I assumed it was due to similar traders why SGL no longer has a for sale section.

Rogue yes Rouge no! :clouds2:

The seller can ask for what ever he wants, the problem is whether anyone will buy it. Buyer on ABS often ask for the best deal, so the guy may have listed it for £425 but expecting someone to ask for 10% off the list price and sell it at a final price of £380.

I must admit I can't help but barter so I guess you make a fair point Keith but it is not like there are selling fees to accommodate for.

Rogue yes Rouge no! :icon_scratch:

:clouds2: Have I used the term out of context or some thing ??? :rolleyes:

ROGUE: as per your definition above.

ROUGE: form of iron oxide used in make-up and for polishing jewellery and lenses, amongst other things, and as used in your original posting :clouds2:

Archived