NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M94

Mark72

You are right Jamie.

Colours could be better. I was just not sure what it should be. Finally I settled on something which closer to http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap090717.html

Wayne,

I started this hobby 6 months ago with Celestron CPC11'' on wedge. Periodic error is such that I saw the star moving on it's own in RA. After this dreadful experience every mount seems to be just fine.

I'm very pleased with CGEM DX. GOTO is very reliable and if balance is OK and cables are not dragging Lacerta does a great job in guiding. That it's to say 5 minutes for now. I did not try more. I do not feel my polar alignment is up to scratch as it was only done with Celestron routine. Besides I'm most time away on business in Amsterdam. My wife who is in charge of data capture would not appreciate experiments as to whether something can be done to improve it;)

The scope I use is just 15kg. So the mount is basically not running at full capacity.

If you have specific questions/ issues just let me know.

Hey Mark, just incase you got the wrong idea i meant crazy in a good way :hello2: I had to check this galaxy in google images before i posted my comment and your version really is brilliant, i'd be chuffed to bits with it!

All the best

Jamie

Archived