Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

15th April 2012- 10 days and counting

stevetynant

7 Weeks, flippin heck Matt did you need Counselling?

I hope that particular records not going to be broken but I'm at my personal best (or worst depending how you look at it) already.

I didnt need counselling I spent a fortune on kit ready for when it was clear :)

Last couple of summers I haven't got out at all, but that's gonna change this year with the lunar 100 targets. The only annoying thing about the warmer summer months is even if its been clear all day it can tend to cloud over at night but then be clear again the next day :).

iv never actually paid any attention to any objects on the moon so its gonna be interesting when she comes back around :(

i noticed that, as well as summer seems to get very dusty, and we ironicly need it to rain (and thunder) to clean the air

Can't believe this clear as a bell outside and things are conspiring against me....think ill just get the bins out when I'm done and make do..fingers crossed this is a change in the weather we've been waiting for.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Iv been out for past 3 hrs Steve. First solar now dso imaging and my Camera lens are all fogging up within minuets :hello2: bins out but I can barely make out m44 cos of the moon:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow - I just saw the sky for the first time in weeks! Spent some time in the back yard with binos. I can only view a small patch of sky from there - but had to make the most of it. :-) Clouded over again now though.

Clear sky's here last night. Good views of Venus, Mars and Saturn from outback. Moon quite bright, too much so for DSO viewing. Only problem was condensation, it kept ruining what would have been reasonable viewing.

Cloud started to roll in around 23:30 so packed up and went indoors, but at least it was a start.

Welsh summer arrived early this year. I just wish the news wouldn't keep saying we need the rain, I dont. As far as I'm concerned they can have all the rain, I don't need anymore.

Archived