NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

200p dob Plymouth

kirsty

Depends how much value you put on your time and how much the fuel would cost, I guess. A four hour drive each way could easily be £50 in fuel alone, for example.

James

Mine is roughly a 500 mile round trip, thats why i cant collect or i would of snatched it up :)

Depends how much value you put on your time and how much the fuel would cost, I guess. A four hour drive each way could easily be £50 in fuel alone, for example.

James

Your car is good... Mine will be full tank or £70 nowadays...

Perry

It was a rather "finger in the air" calculation.

For the sake of argument let's work on the basis that a four-hour drive each way would probably come out at around 400 to 450 miles, allowing for a combination of motorway and non-motorway driving. I don't have any real trouble getting over 50mpg (claimed by the trip computer) out of our turbo-diseasel Focus given a bit of motorway driving, so say about 8.5 gallons of fuel.

Now comes the tricky part :) I don't actually know what diesel costs at the moment. I mostly work from home and rarely need to drive, so only put fuel in a car once every few months. I'm guessing about £1.40 per litre.

I reckon that works out at around £54.

James

Archived