New eyepiece for my Dob, any ideas?

Hello everyone, had my dob for about a year now and what a great choice it was, its my first scope but now im thinking of getting some new eyepieces, can anyone point me in the right direction? cheers

- what do you currently have?

- what's your budget?

- do you wear glasses to observe?

- do you have a preference for lower or higher power observing?

- are you proficient at tracking manually at higher powers?

Give an idea on the above and there sould be quite a few options :)

- what do you currently have?

- what's your budget?

- do you wear glasses to observe?

- do you have a preference for lower or higher power observing?

- are you proficient at tracking manually at higher powers?

Give an idea on the above and there sould be quite a few options :)

I have the standard eyepieces for the 300p, would like to see more detail on planets galaxies and clusters, budget would be upto 150 i suppose and i dont wear glasses

thanks

when I had a 12" dob, my most used eyepiece focal lengths were 9mm, 12mm and 24mm. On this basis I'd suggest you retain your 25mm that came with the scope and replace the 10mm with a 9mm plus buy a 12mm. One possible option is the BST's mentioned above. If you got a 18mm and a 15mm plus a 2x barlow you'd have 25, 18, 15, 12.5, 9 and 7.5 which would cover most options I think and probably within budget too?

when I had a 12" dob, my most used eyepiece focal lengths were 9mm, 12mm and 24mm. On this basis I'd suggest you retain your 25mm that came with the scope and replace the 10mm with a 9mm plus buy a 12mm. One possible option is the BST's mentioned above. If you got a 18mm and a 15mm plus a 2x barlow you'd have 25, 18, 15, 12.5, 9 and 7.5 which would cover most options I think and probably within budget too?

now that sounds like a plan :)

A 32mm Panaview, for deep sky would be a good addition, it was my first purchase when I bought the 200P.

hmmmm I've had the 32mm panaview on order from FLO since January but have now swapped the order for a 31mm Baader Hyp Aspheric - please don't say its the wrong choice lol

btw anyon looking for the Panaview- Martin at FLO tells me they are due in end of April.

I just bought a 20mm Vixen NLV which is a very nice EP, a little narrow FOV but it is very sharp. I have used it once since I got it on Saturday and found 4 DSOs I couldn't make out before with my other EPs. Bought it because it was on special at FLO and thought I'd give it shot after reading good reviews and it's brilliant.

Archived