Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WD40 - does the 'trick'

centroid

When finishing last nights 'session' in the obs at 01.45 this morning, and trying to not to disturb the peace and quiet of the night, I became very aware just how much the obs roof it 'squeaked' as I 'rolled' it back on.

So, this afternoon, I 'jacked' the roof up, one side at time, and treated the 8 Castor's (4 down each side) to a good squirt of WD40.

Magic!!!, one very silent 'roll off roof' that moves with minimal effort.

I guess as the deterioration was a slow process, over the 5 years the obs has been in situ, I'd forgotten what it was like when it was newly built.

So, thanks to WD40, the peace and tranquility of the village has been restored :D

Dave

WD40 is good stuff, did my wheels last weekend and added some brush strips to both sides of shed as further weather seal. I was toying with the idea of inlaying some nylon 2inch wide strip under the wheels to make rolling off easier, the magic skip at work has a couple of 10 foot lengths in residence :D

Never underestimate the power of WD40 ...

A small can in the bathroom..Don't ask..

A gallon container in the garage.. My winter motorcycle gets a plastering after every winter ride..

..Smells nice too.. :D

Used to use it on the guns after one of the members of the gunclub said it was good on the barrels after they had been out in the rain. :p What a bad idea that was, after been in cover slips for a day with a coating of WD40 the barrels were covered in rust spots :lol:. So be vigilant with anything that has had the treatment. :lol:

PS. One thing it is good for, Stops the coke heads :D in the local pub from using any available flat surface in the toilets to snort. :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

Used to use it on the guns after one of the members of the gunclub said it was good on the barrels after they had been out in the rain.

Youngs 303 gun oil for me...

That smells nice too.. :D

with a coating of WD40 the barrels were covered in rust spots

Got to agree there. Be careful with WD40 it is well known to attract moisture. l always use 3in1 these days on the beds of my woodworking machines. And on my tools.

WD40 is a release oil and nothing more.

JV :D

[l always use 3in1 these days on the beds of my woodworking machines. And on my tools.

Yep, me too, I use 3in1 on my small 'metal working' lathe, and associated tools, which keeps them completely rust free.

The advantage of using the WD80 on the obs roof castor's, was that in comes in an aerosol can, with a plastic pipe, so was able to squirt just where it was needed.

Dave

Used to use it on the guns after one of the members of the gunclub said it was good on the barrels after they had been out in the rain.

Youngs 303 gun oil for me...

That smells nice too.. :lol:

Is that the one with the strange spicy type smell. :D I think I got some with a new cleaning kit for one of the auto's, supposed to de-carbon the gas ports for the ejector assembly.

That's the stuff....

Mix it half and half with water..Put it in a bottle and give it a good shake..Liberaly coat all the cordite deposits and leave for a few mins them wipe away..

Coat all the clean surfaces with a thin layey of neat 303 and saves cleaning time next time.. :(

Archived