Re: Help needed by the experts!

Hi, I am very new to this very insteresting hobby as in 1 day and 1 night.

I was recommended by a telescope supplier to start with the skywatcher 130 with an EQ2 motorised mount. I have setup the telescope using videos from you tube that were very handy but i'm having beginners trouble with eye pieces and viewing!

the scope has come with a super 25mm, 10mm and barlow lens.

Could somebody explain to me why when i try and view jupiter its blurry and i see the black frame that holds the top mirror in place? have i got the correct kit eyepieces do i need any additional filters etc . Any comments would be most appreciated! thanks. Lee

Remember to start with the 25mm as this is the lowest magnification not as some people first assume the highest. Bigger the number = lower the mag. Don't fit the barlow until you've sorted your problem. It does sound like you have not focused correctly though.

I have this scope...

put your 25mm ep in and focus on object.. use the focus very gently once that is okay then try viewing the object by replacing the 25mm with barlow 2x and 10mm and focus in.

enjoy:)

Hi..

Take the cover off your main tube and look down it if all seems okay then remove you eye piece if you have one in, stand back a little and look at the small mirror..

you should be able to see you eye if its aligned properly. I f these two checks are okay then you have some problem, put in you 25mm and turn you focus wheel all the way until it stops and then back again until its stops making sure it goes all the way in and out. do this slowly and keep watching to see if anything can be seen.. you will need to target something ( not the Sun . though.. :) ) try it during the day on a distant building maybe:)

I'm new and I had this problem early yesterday evening following laser collimation. Thought I'd properly messed something up but it was merely my focusing dial wound all the way down (think my missus did it to wind me up)! So I just dialed the focus back out and all is fine!

Start with the basics I think....less is more!!!

Good luck

Hi Vacuum

I ahve the same scope, to be honest only the 25MM stock ep it came with is sworth using, the 10mm stock ep and the stock barlow are dreadful, nothing you will do will change it , i advise you geta tal x 2 barlow, and a couple of extra ep's to go with the 25mm say a 35mm and a 17mm plossi from FLO this would also give you a (12mm, 17.5, 8.5 using the barlow) but to be honest we are limited with this scope on what we can view, it will take paitence and if you can as little light pollution as possible but it is an enjoyable scope when the conditions are good.

Archived