Mak 127 Eyepieces

I would keep an eye on astro buy and sell uk for second hand ones, the 32 is a good ootion, i use a revelation one in mine and its great, any plossl would be a good upgrade.

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

Tough choice. I'd probably say 10mm.

Mine came with a cheapy 10mm plossl as well as the 25mm. My first purchase was a 15mm plossl and a 2x barlow. I didn't often think that I had good enough seeing to use them both together (7.5mm 200x). When I decided to upgrade the 10mm I went for my 9mm TS planetary which gives good views.

Andrew.

PS - I still love the view through my 15mm!

Not sure if you want to spend a lot but I've been impressed with the Celestron X Cel eyepiece. I put one in my mak 127 and it was amazing!

You can get them on eBay for about 50 but that's from the U.S so there's import taxes if you're unlucky.

Uk price about 70

Carl

I have the same scope as you and recently purchased GSO plossls - 32mm and 15mm - to compliment the 25 and 10 that came bundled. The views and build quality feel like a solid improvement over these, you won't be disappointed if you go for them.

I'll replace the 25 and 10 in time, and will consider celestron x-cel 9mm as I feel I might benefit from greater optics and eye relief for comfort at higher magnification.

I got the 20mm and 10mm Plossls with Long Eye relief packaged with my MAK. 20MM not bad but 10 mm was dissappointing.

I use the Televue Plossls. Bit more expensive but they are excellent and compared to the more exotic Ethos' are (in my humble opinion) good value.

Jarvo

Each to thier own here but i would argue the ethos is better value than a tv plossl, most will not notice the difference betweej a rev 32 and a tv 32 but they will sure see a difference in the ethos :-)

Sent from my AN10G2 using Tapatalk

Archived