Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

dust inside eyepiece ?

Caveman

Has anyone noticed this in their eypieces? Whilst out observing the moon last night, I noticed within the view of my bst explorer 5mm eyepiece what can only be described as moving as if in water, almost bacteria looking dust strands.

I can see it if I hold the eyepiece up to the moon.

Does the eyepiece need cleaning or is it my eyes that's the problem?

many thanks,

Paul.

my guess is its your eye - most of us have "floaters" in the eye - just become more aparrant when your eyeball is up tight to something like an eye piece

Thanks for the quick response, that's what I thought too, but it is very weird.

Yeah I agree. I have a large floater in my viewing eye and if I look through my scope at something bright it swirls around as I move my eye or blink. Normally they are not that apparent, but as Stevetynant said if you put you eyeball up close to something they are more visable. Just one of those things i'm afraid.

You know we're living in a consumer society when someone is actually relieved the defect is with their eye, rather than with something they bought :)

So very true. We are manipulated like puppets in to a materialistic world we are convinced will make us happy. The bamboozled drive that makes us work 1/3 of our life's only to buy those products we really do not need yet are so willing to defend as if our lives relied on them.

You know we're living in a consumer society when someone is actually relieved the defect is with their eye, rather than with something they bought :)

cant stop laughing thought the same thing:D:D

Archived