Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

which 10 inch?

less storage space needed (at home & in the car) with the skywatcher...also much much quicker to set up & take down...think the flex-tube also has a better focuser(not 100% tho)

To me it's the ease of using the SkyWatcher's truss system. Just pull the upper tube assembly out to full length and that's it. Job done in seconds and collimation is not usually needed each time.

With the Lightbridge you have to assemble it every time. First fasten the truss poles onto the base and then hold the upper tube assembly with one hand while screwing the three truss retaining knobs into the upper tube assembly one at a time. BTW there is nothing for the upper tube assembly to rest on while fastening it in place which is what can make it a bit awkward, it's where having three hands would be useful. Works well once it's all assembled but collimation is usually needed each time.

John

I decided on the solid tube version of the SkyWatcher. Cheaper, lighter, and faster to set up than any of the ones listed and still very easily portable. Very nice optically and can also be put on my EQ6 for imaging at longer focal lengths.

I decided on the solid tube version of the SkyWatcher. Cheaper, light, and faster to set up than any of the ones listed and still very easily portable. Very nice optically and can also be put on my EQ6 for imaging at longer focal lengths.

i too got the solid tube version of the SkyWatcher it`s not that big i can fit it in a saxo, tube on the back seat and base on the front, only advantage of the flextube is it`s not as tall when stored

..think the flex-tube also has a better focuser(not 100% tho)

Dunno about that, they both blow.:icon_salut:

Using them side by side, one of the things I thought was both had shoddy focusers. ;)

Neithers leave you with any "oh that's quality" feel. More like "Christ that's awful".:D

Regards Steve

Archived