Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bobs Knobs late

Astronut

:D

I ordered a set of Bobs Knobs for the secondary of my 12" dob and received an email from Bob last Saturday (14 Jul '07) saying they'd be despatched that day. I fully expected them to arrive today (Sat 21 Jul '07) but alas they haven't.

I'll give it another week but if I haven't got them by next weekend I may have to contact him.

Do you think the recent UK postal strikes could have something to do with it or do they normally take over a week to arrive?

They'll probably arrive during the week then when I'm down the road. Thanks for the reassurance. I just hope they haven't got lost in a corner of some depot somewhere.

Did they come in a box or jiffy bag ie. will postie be able to fit them through the letter box?

Mine took 5 or 6 days, I think, it was a few weeks back, but it was definitely before the recent postal disruptions. I would give until wednesday before getting concerned, they are coming quite a distance afterall.

Regards, Martin

Mine took around a week which is pretty good service.

Last Sunday I ordered some IC samples FOC for my Toucam mod from Dallas Maxim in Texas, they arrived on Wednesday :shock: :shock: 3 days!!!!

They've arrived :lol: Sat on the mat behind the front door when I arrived home yesterday.

I've just fitted them - only took a minute or so to fit and then another couple of minutes to re-collimate.

Still waiting for first light but the bad neighbour's security floodlight is going to be a major problem when the time comes but that has to get sorted one way or another. I'm not looking forward to the conflict at all (I can almost guarantee him being totally unreasonable) :D

Still waiting for first light but the bad neighbour's security floodlight is going to be a major problem when the time comes but that has to get sorted one way or another. I'm not looking forward to the conflict at all (I can almost guarantee him being totally unreasonable) :)

Don't even ask him. Get an airgun. He'll soon get fed up replacing bulbs. :(

Alternatively, surely he can just move the sensor on his light so it doesn't cover YOUR garden as well as his?

Still waiting for first light but the bad neighbour's security floodlight is going to be a major problem when the time comes but that has to get sorted one way or another. I'm not looking forward to the conflict at all (I can almost guarantee him being totally unreasonable) :lol:

Don't even ask him. Get an airgun. He'll soon get fed up replacing bulbs. :)

Alternatively, surely he can just move the sensor on his light so it doesn't cover YOUR garden as well as his?

As far as I can tell it doesn't have a sensor. The other week when I got the dob out for the first time it was switching on/off at random but didn't seem to be triggered by me moving around. It finally stayed on after I packed up and when I checked the following morning it was still on so I suspect he was switching it on and off.

An airgun wouldn't work because the bulb's covered by a thick glass lens - a well aimed sledgehammer might though and if I'm lucky it'll hit his head on the rebound :(

Still waiting for first light but the bad neighbour's security floodlight is going to be a major problem when the time comes but that has to get sorted one way or another. I'm not looking forward to the conflict at all (I can almost guarantee him being totally unreasonable) :lol:

Don't even ask him. Get an airgun. He'll soon get fed up replacing bulbs. :)

As far as I can tell it doesn't have a sensor. The other week when I got the dob out for the first time it was switching on/off at random but didn't seem to be triggered by me moving around. It finally stayed on after I packed up and when I checked the following morning it was still on so I suspect he was switching it on and off.

An airgun wouldn't work because the bulb's covered by a thick glass lens - a well aimed sledgehammer might though and if I'm lucky it'll hit his head on the rebound :(

The trouble with these guys is that they really think they're doing you a favour by lighting up your garden and any action you take in an attempt to stop 'em is seen as anti-social at best!

If you have a history of conflict with this neighbour of yours Astron. and genuinely feel he is being unreasonable, and you have to be certain that that is the case, and not just your interpretation of it, then the best course of action is to treat like with like.

I Fail to grasp how anyone can expect a high powered ill placed security light, to be conducive to security. In the first place, they cast shadows so black, anyone standing in them would never be seen. Also, if you come outside into the light to investigate, your pupils close down so much, you'd not see anything standing in front of you. They are a waste of energy, and a waste of money. An old fashioned London Bridge Gas Lamp is more useful.

If the Drongo won't listen to reason, and you have to give him the option to cooperate first, then get a light yourself, and direct it to the most damaging place you can find. Such as a bedroom window. This might escalate, but don't give in to threats. Tell him you prefer to settle it amicably, but it takes two adult minds to do so.

Hope it gets sorted the quiet way.

Ron.

Archived