SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 - 19th July 2007 - My first DSO Image

peonic

Awesome night last night, clear as a bell - was able to pick out some mag 6 stars - which for my backyard is somewhat exceptional. Lots of things I need to improve, but I was pretty chuffed with this for my first attempt at DSO imaging.

20x60sec, ISO800, Canon 300D

727_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Can't wait to get hold of some guide rings and start to seriously ramp up exposure times. Any criticism / suggestions are very much welcome!

Cheers,

Peonic

Can't wait to get hold of some guide rings and start to seriously ramp up exposure times. Any criticism / suggestions are very much welcome!

I'd personally sell your kit and buy something decent :D:lol::p:lol::):lol:

Great first image, your tracking is spot on. Nice job!

I presume that's through the C6 not the SLT? I was amazed how well the GP/Skyscan performed unguided using a 1500mm FL scope.

Can't wait to get hold of some guide rings

flippin Scopes'n'skies.....what are they playing at!

Russ

I'd personally sell your kit and buy something decent :D:lol::p:lol::):lol:

Yeah, need to get hold of the pikey that sold it to me :clouds2:

Great first image, your tracking is spot on. Nice job!

I presume that's through the C6 not the SLT? I was amazed how well the GP/Skyscan performed unguided using a 1500mm FL scope.

Yup, I've still not had the time to use the SLT in anger - far too many things to look at in the C6! Tracking wasn't as good as it could have been - tried a few 2 minute test subs that were poor - I tried using WCS to drift allign for the first time last night, and I think I goofed it somewhat. Oh well, practice makes perfect!

Peonic.

Archived