Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tonights Mars attempt

bigal1

Hi all well conditions again were very clear but very unstable ( rekon 5/10 ) so this is the best i could manage , was going to stay out for Saturn and see if it got any better but from what i can make out it will be too low to see from my position . Equipment used was a Skywatcher Skymax 127 mak scope , 2x barlow plus extension tube and a Philips Spc900nc webcam , final image was 2978 frames @ 10fps recorded in Sharpcap .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877755401_thumb.jpg

Very well done! What sort of wavelets settings did you use? Did you use castrator at all? Or PIPP? I'm struggling lately to get a proper image out of my data. Will a bahtinov be off focus if put on top of a dew shield?

Very well done! What sort of wavelets settings did you use? Did you use castrator at all? Or PIPP? I'm struggling lately to get a proper image out of my data. Will a bahtinov be off focus if put on top of a dew shield?

I only used the bottom two wavelet sliders , the bottom one was about half way and the next was only moved up a slight ammount . The only thing i do is use virtualdub to split into seperate bmp images / frames then straight into registax 6 , after that the image goes into photoshop for some slight adjustments . I rekon a focus mask should be fine over a dew shield but tbh i have never used one so best to hear from people who have .

Archived