Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tonights Moon Skymax 127

bigal1

Hi folks thought i'd post this image of the Moon i got from tonights session , conditions were not too bad early on when i got this image but they went down hill later on . Equipment used was a Skywatcher Skymax 127 mak scope and a Cannon 1000D at prime focus mounted on a CG-4 mount with motors , finished result was a stack of 24 seperate images then tweaked in Photoshop .

Regards Alan

Image reduced 60% in size

Moon4028-03-2012.jpg

Nice one Alan what program did you use to stack the seperate frames? if you dont mind me asking

Regards

Ben

Hi Ben i used registax 6 to do the stacking , let the program decide the align points and ended up with over 700 .

Hi folks thought i'd post this image of the Moon i got from tonights session , conditions were not too bad early on when i got this image but they went down hill later on . Equipment used was a Skywatcher Skymax 127 mak scope and a Cannon 1000D at prime focus mounted on a CG-4 mount with motors , finished result was a stack of 24 seperate images then tweaked in Photoshop .

Regards Alan

Image reduced 60% in size

Moon4028-03-2012.jpg

Wow, can I Ask, how is the mount with just motors ? Easy to track ?

Paul

Wow, can I Ask, how is the mount with just motors ? Easy to track ?

Paul

The mount tracks great even better since i've fine tuned the polar scope alignment , managed to get 45 mins solid tracking on Mars the other night without it moving off the laptop screen think thats my best to date but yeh its very good once setup properly .

Hi Ben i used registax 6 to do the stacking , let the program decide the align points and ended up with over 700 .

I have never used registax for still frames i have only processed avi files i will have to give it a go

Regards

Ben

Archived