NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SynScan / neq6 error - "no link to mc. Stand alone mode."

ShineOn

Hi,

After 2 months of faultless operation, I powered on tonight for my handset to say "no link to mc. Stand alone mode."

I guess I have some sort of comms problem? Does anyone know the cause of such an issue?

I disconnected the handset from the mount and powered it on using the skywatcher powertank I use, and it gave the same message. I presume the fault therefore lies with the handset?

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can try to resolve it? All connections were checked and appear fine.

Many thanks,

Simon

Try Googling the error message - you will find several threads on this board and elsewhere that seem to indicate this is some kind of problem with motor controller (this is the MC in the error message). Good luck - I hope this is something as simple as a bad connection rather than a blown MC.

HTH

Derrick

Well it's definitely not a loose / incorrect connection and my power tank appears ok. I'll try and swap out the handset cable as you suggest to try and isolate the issue.

Thanks all.

Thanks Rustysplit. The price has been confirmed by 2 dealers.

I was also told it's not a stocked item so it looks like I would have a fairly long wait. The board will be checked for faults this weekend and I hope my 'glass is half empty' prognosis will be found to be wrong.

I haven't taken off the front panel but assume there's only the wiring for the 2 ports and the power on LED behind there?

The EQMOD logfile stated Connection timed out. RPC server unavailable.

Is that saying the controller isn't communicating with the control board? Or something completely different?

Whatever the problem is - the constant is nothing is passing through the controller port (either handset or EQDIR).

Regards.

• 9 months later...

I had this happen last weekend - which is why I was reading this post. Turned out the connector contacts on the handset were quite corroded (i.e. green). Cleaning them up (diamond file - DISCONNECT EVERYTHING FIRST) didn't help on its own, but flashing the latest download did. I can only assume the corrosion has led to some corruption of software.

Also tried "Servisol" but would not recommend as it runs inside the handset.

Replaced the "curly" cable with a Cat5 network cable which is more "moisture proof" (and longer). All working fine now.

N

Archived