NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first Solar

Vega

Hi

Long awaited Gorgeous sunny day last wednesday (11th). So I decided to take advantage of using the scope while getting a tan at the same time ! :D. Slapped on the Alumised Mylar filtered cap and set up shop. After some time on focusing (much easier with the auto focuser!), I came up with this snap of the fine set of sunspots. I played with the colours in PSP to sun-erise it.

tn_sun110707.jpg

Evostar 120 stepped down to about 60mm (I think), about 300 frames taken with Toucam and registaxed

I could get in to this lark, I might invest in a focal reducer cus my webcam does zoom in a bit when using a 1000mm tube

Vega

I could get in to this lark, I might invest in a focal reducer cus my webcam does zoom in a bit when using a 1000mm tube

Vega

Make sure you have enough focusor travel. I bought one for the same reason and can't achieve focus with the damn thing, even with a low profile webcam adaptor! :D

Archived