Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars 24th half dozen

Space Cowboy

Yep can say that again it was awful worse than the other bad day i had, kept refocussing until my arm nearly fell off, i got a theory noticed the same type of images i got on the other terrible day.One thing in common guess ???????????????

Falling temperatures, didnt look like a jet stream. Peltier cooled mirrors would have coped. I need to talk to Luis, as he will know if this type of image is caused by continually falling temps. Ill bet it is. Me needs a peltier cooler

Yep can say that again it was awful worse than the other bad day i had, kept refocussing until my arm nearly fell off, i got a theory noticed the same type of images i got on the other terrible day.One thing in common guess ???????????????

Falling temperatures, didnt look like a jet stream. Peltier cooled mirrors would have coped. I need to talk to Luis, as he will know if this type of image is caused by continually falling temps. Ill bet it is. Me needs a peltier cooler

Stars were twinkling away so i suspect scope thermals were not the main cause. For me it was only a couple of hours after daylight so after a warm day I guess there was a lot of radiation going on especially from the house roof etc.

Really thought last night was going to be "the one" :blob10:

Tonight may well be "the one". I say that because I am going out for beer and curry and the best seeing always occurs when I am not imaging.
Tonight may well be "the one". I say that because I am going out for beer and curry and the best seeing always occurs when I am not imaging.

Well if theres two things that are worth missing imaging for is beer and curry,and i dont say that much about imaging, but beer and curry, come on. When i die i hope i go to a place where theres a indian resturant right next to weatherspoons, oh and a obsy next to that.Mental about real Ale and curry. Had a Phall and ceylon the other day, my toilet nearly melted in the morning.Oh and a body part that i wont begin to describe.

Maybe Stuart, but there was little sign of a jet stream here.Im not positive, but ive noticed the same effect both times with falling temps.Bird has done tests on this showing the scope can not catch up. though your dob would fair better, because its more open. How much better im not sure but likely quite a bit, so i dunno maybe im wrong ?

Archived