Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Red Dot finder

Ant

Received a new red dot finder from Steve at FLO today.

I have to say that I did wonder what I was going to get for £15!

All I can say is how do they make these things so cheap.

Haven't had a chance to actually use it yet (apart from making sure it all works OK). But it came with several bases.

Two of the bases are for two different circumference tube's - handy for SCT and Newts. The third base is a perfect fit to the standard Skywatcher shoe base. The forth is a flat one - god know what it's actually for - but it was the one that actually came in very handy for me!

I wanted to attach it to the Revelation without spending any more money and without wrecking the lovely finish of the scope by sticking / drilling anything.

Under the focuser there is a nice flat area with two perfectly positioned threaded holes. Trouble is is that the flat area is on the base. But with a rotatable focuser... two seconds later - the flat area is now on top.

This does actually spoil the aesthetic looks of the scope - but it's normally dark, I get what I want and everything works / focuses etc... So I'm a happy chappy.

Cheers Steve - your a Gent!

634_thumbnail.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ant

This does actually spoil the aesthetic looks of the scope - but it's normally dark, I get what I want and everything works / focuses etc... So I'm a happy chappy.

Form follows function. I don't give a hoot about pretty scopes - your scope looks all the better cos it does the business. Hooray for red dots and at that price you can't going wrong.

They certainly seem to - although I haven't actually tried yet.

The finder arrived yesterday and I spent some time getting it attached to the two scopes that I have. The skies were not clear - but I did have a bit of a fiddle and they seem nice and smooth and I can "see" the movement (up/down/left/right).

Ant

• 2 months later...

I have just recieved the same unit from FLO but have also just realised the scope in this post is not a William Optics ZS66 like I have :lol: I cannot get the thing to fit at all :D :D

Before I rush out and get the Araldyte on my lovely ZS66 can anybody think of a way to get it to work? Can anybody fashion an adapter or anything out of some old junk etc

HELP!!!!

I already have one on my Newt but wanted this for the ZS66 so that I could do some imaging without having the newt attached as well. Wouldbe lighterand easier to setup, after all an 8"Newt is a BIG finder 'scope :lol:

Archived