NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars Skymax 127

bigal1

Hi folks well the weather has still been bad in my area mainly cloud locked but there was a gap in the clouds the other night and i just had to take advantage of it although visability was not the best . Equipment used as always was a Skymax 127 mak scope , Philips spc900nc webcam and a 2x barlow plus extension tube , final image was 2800 frames stacked out of 3500 .

Regards Alan

post-18835-133877747009_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for the comments , i used an extension with the 2x barlow just to give a little more scale to the image although i guess a 3x barlow would probably get me the same results i just havn't tried yet lol . For capture software i used Sharpcap and i think the settings were 1/25 exposure , 10fps , no brightness ( at midpoint ) and gain was quite high due to the power i was working with maybe about 75 percent , @ Ykket if you have any questions feel free to PM me :) and Neil i really would like to get my hands on a larger mak this year and maybe an IS camera to go with it i'll just have to keep my fingers crossed on that because more than likley i'll have to get a larger mount aswell ( them big maks are heavy ) but never say never hehe .

Regards Alan

Archived