Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I am not happy!

blinky

OK after weeks no scratch that months of bad weather tonight is finally a lovely clear night. This afternoon was bicketing rain so I thought there was no chance of a clear night.

Jupiter is looking good. But...... I decided to have a nice bottle of Tempranillo (think thats the spelling, Red Vino anyway) all to myself. So now I am too pi tired to get the scope all set up. Dont even think I can remember how to! Last time was before Kielder!

I just know it will all end in disaster but I would love to go have a look at Jupiter. Ho hum guess I will have to stick with the Bino's for tonight. Funny think is I get a double image in them tonight :wink:.........

I actually managed to get a quick look at jupiter tonight, just above the trees towards the centre of town at twilight from my kitchen window. I dived to the cupboard and dug out my ED80 and tripod and managed to get about 10 minutes of a boiling image of Jupiter and at least 3 of the Galilean moons before the clouds and horizon scuppered me. It's the first time in months I've been able to dig out the scope with any hope of seeing anything, and it hasn't half cheered me up.

As of 2am I think it's fairly clear here, not all that dark but clear at least, and i cant go out observing because I'm on-call for work again. :wink:

I know exactly how you feel...

I have just come off a very tough 7 night shifts.. .....The last two being graced with crystal clear skies..

I managed a view of Jupiter on the roof of my station but not much else due to the light pollution.

I'm off for a week now...And guess what it's raining again... :wink:

Archived