Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Query about T mount adaptors

Hi all, looking to get an adaptor to do some prime focus photography

looking at these two I believe they're the same thing but just double checking with you knowledgable people

So shall i get this:

First Light Optics - FLO 2-inch T mount camera adapter

or this :

First Light Optics - William Optics 2 inch prime Focus Camera Adaptor

will also need a t-ring

cheers

drew

The first one adds only 4mm to the optical train - the second adds around 4-5cm. Make sure you get the correct length for your requirements. They have a t-thread so you can attach a dslr t-ring to it. Chip position relative to the focal plane is important as can be "out focus" and "in focus" :D

Some barlows have a t-thread so you can attach a t-ring and dslr - some don't. Also some focus tubes have a t-thread at the end for direct attachment of a dslr using only a t-ring. The adaptor is not allways necessary, but in a lot of cases it is. All depends on how your are configuring your optical train :D

My Reflector with a T-Ring and Adapter add about 10mm to the distance camera face to focus tube, when camera if focused the tube sticks out about 10mm, you want to start thin and if required buy a extention tube, you may find its not required. This the T-ring and Adapter on the Camera...

2012-02-25121720-1.jpg

Archived