Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I had this sitting on the HD. So, had a play with the single exposure.

It's hard to capture the pure-natural colors that I remember seeing in a 11" refractor many years ago. This image was with the Canon XT and LX-90 @f6.3.

Doug

>>>>>>>>>>>Sorry this should be in Imaging Section >>>>>>>>

I had this sitting on the HD. So, had a play with the single exposure.

It's hard to capture the pure-natural colors that I remember seeing in a 11" refractor many years ago. This image was with the Canon XT and LX-90 @f6.3.

Doug

That is a beautiful picture Doug. Such a gorgeous sight that double, whether optically or imaged. The colours are splendid.

LX90 you said. Are the diffraction spikes software induced then Doug?. Does not harm the image at all, I am just nosy.

Ron. :wink:

Thanks Ron,

I believe for this shot I used (weed eater) thin plastic -type string across the front tube of the scope. This was before I got a software plug-in that makes spikes... :wink:

Doug

Seeing Doug's picture reminded me of of an image I obtained last Autumn. Seems like a age since we had clear crisp viewing contions. Ho Hum...not the same quality as Doug's image of course but colours are as I recall them at the EP and for single exposure with the Nextimage I thought it provided a good 'lifelike' capture.

CW

glad someone else is photo-ing doubles :wink:

Can't say I've been photo-ing doubles or anything else for what seems like weeks now! It's a sad (Seasonal Astronomic Depression) state of affairs when one has to look back through the archives just to remember what a double looks like! I have found another colour contrast double taken about the same time last year but not labeled.

I do remember that at the time I was star hopping looking for M34 when I came across Almach and as I'm fond of doubles, took an image.

I never did find the cluster as I recall. Not as contrasty as Albireo but Quite nice.

Does anyone else get green stars in their pictures or is it just me?

The secondary of Cor Caroli came with a green tinge which did surprise me as I use a Newt & orthoscopic eyepieces so false colour is not introduced into the optical chain.

Cheers

ian

Does anyone else get green stars in their pictures or is it just me?

I just read an article in the August 2007 (Page 14) ASTRONOMY magazine, which in summary says:

"If our Sun doesn't look green even though it peaks at green, you can be sure no other stars can look green either."

It one of those star-spectra "things"... :wink:

The article also says that "..star colors are almost always pastels,... suns never have a saturated color, like a stop signs Red.".... So much for my bright blue and yellow of Albireo... :cool::lol:

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived