Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter, July 3rd, UK

Starman

A rather altitude challenged planet at the moment from the UK. I had to move my scope right back to the wall of the house in order to get these images. High trees in neighbouring gardens kept interferring with the session, not helped by the blustery wind. Apart from that it was stress free :shock:

2007-07-03_23-07-34_Red.jpg

2007-07-03_22-51-13_IR742.jpg

Hi Pete

I don't think i will attempt Jupiter at all for a few seasons,

Unless i had some serious equipment like yours.

Great capture as always.

Ed

Your equipment looks good enough for Jupiter to me. :cool:

Martin :wink:

[

Your equipment looks good enough for Jupiter to me. :cool:

Martin :wink:

There are alot of issues shooting at high f ratios for details when the object

is that low in the sky. Mainly seeing issues resulting in blurry images.

Alas...

Ed

Stunning Pete, Just got a c 14 myself but aint looked through it yet . :wink:

I got c8-n. I know that huge apperture is perfect for DSO but is there any difference between c8 and c14 in what they can achieve for planetary images?

Martin :cool:

Hi Martin,

The C-14 will be able to resolve much finer details than the C-8. The light grasp of the C-14 also means that a stronger signal is delivered to the camera. When the subject is bright (like the Moon) this isn't so much of an issue, however it really kicks in when doing RGB imaging of planet as the B channel is often rather faint.

Yes, that is a super image of jupiter, and if the planets position was more favourable, the forum would be rich in images of it.

As it is, we have had some splendid efforts in spite of the drawback of low altitude. This is another splendid example, let's not forget that large aperture scopes collect more of the bad stuff than smaller ones too, so the playing field is levelled a bit.

Ron.

let's not forget that large aperture scopes collect more of the bad stuff than smaller ones too, so the playing field is levelled a bit.

Ron.

What bad stuff do you mean. Did you mean seeing quality and so on? Is 8" the optimum then :wink:

Martin :cool:

Archived