NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leo Triplet widefield & still close-up'ish

Grinde

Hi all!

Here's some data I shot some week ago but haven't had the time to process until now, due to work in my lovely neighbor-country Norway. I started shooting when the sky was partly cloudy & let the image-run go on the whole night while I went to bed, & got up early to sort out the subs that wasn't ruined by clouds. I ended up with L: 7*5min & RGB: 3*5min each channel

The equipment used was the FSQ106 & QSI 583wsg, I intended to start using the 190MN but couldn't find the 2" nosepiece for my camera so I went for a wide-field version, but I'm still very impressed with the amount of detail with just 4" aperture & 530mm focal-length

Click to view in 50% pixelsize

6947382099_c4af78f2e1_b.jpg

Click here for some 100% crops of the three galaxies

6947382181_2bc38e1447_z.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Jonas

Lovely clean, crisp image with every dtetail in place. If you could get some long subs you might get more of the tidal tail of the NGC galaxy. It's very faint but visible in your image already. Longer subs would nail it, I reckon.

Olly

Thank you all for your kind comments, I'm starting to like the way the galaxies float among the stars with lots of space around 'em, instead of long focal length close-ups... Especially when details like these still can be achieved.

Forgot to mention that the subs where all unguided, thx to the new mount!

Thx for the tips Olly, that's really interesting stuff since I didn't know a thing about that, first time shooting it. I'll definetely look into getting some more Lum

Archived