Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200P & EQ5 for AP - Will I get away with it?

Thought I would update this with my latest pic of Orion Nebula. Not perfect, still some stars trailing, and light poluted sky, but all done with a 200P on EQ5 with very little knowledge or experience (so far) :(

img7418b.jpg

Thanks again for all the advice folks :(

Edit: Notice the meteor trail running accross the top; I only just spotted that.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see a satellite trail, no meteor

Hope you don't mind but I've tweaked your image a touch in PS (probably a bit too much as it gets stretched a bit by the forum software by the looks of things)...

post-23388-133877755703_thumb.jpg

Nice. Had mine out last night but the wind was too much for any attempt at AP.

What are the shot details (exposure time, number, flats etc)?

Hi, It was just a single shot with a timer release unit, so ISO 800, 90 second exposure, no flats, no post processing. Taken on a Canon 1000D.

@ Malc - Yes, it is a satelite, my mistake, I only noticed it as I was posting :( Your tweaking has certainly brought out the contrast in the image a bit more. I haven't really got around to any image processing, as I will have to learn that from scratch as well :(

Thats pretty impressive for a single exposure CW:) have you downloaded Deep Sky Stacker yet? if so next time your imaging try taking about 20-30 shots and have a play with them in DSS, just press buttons and move sliders and see what happens you'll love it, you'll be doing levels and curves in PS before you know it:D

Thats pretty impressive for a single exposure CW:) have you downloaded Deep Sky Stacker yet? if so next time your imaging try taking about 20-30 shots and have a play with them in DSS, just press buttons and move sliders and see what happens you'll love it, you'll be doing levels and curves in PS before you know it:D

Thanks Chris. Sadly, PhotoShop is another country to me. I use Aperture 3 as I have a iMac, but really have no idea how to use photoshop. I have a program called RegiStax 6, which I think is the same as DS Stacker? Anyway, I will certainly have a go at stacking, once I get focus and star trails down to a fine art; one step at a time ;)

Archived