Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter this morning (23/06/07) - shadow transit

mpeniak

Got couple of hours of partially clear sky so I had a go at Jupiter again. This one was stacked from 1500 frames using my C8-N with 4ximagemate and toucam pro II with IR filter. GRS and shadow transit of Europa (if I'm right) should be visible. Image on the bottom shows Jupiter before transit occured.

Martin :wink:

472_large.jpeg

473_large.jpeg

That's wonderful, Martin! How does this compare to what you see through an eyepiece with this scope?

Thanks Warthog! Well, all appears fainter but I would say I could see all the detail that the images show. However I normally see the most dominant features such as main belts, grs, polar regions. I only glimpse the rest of the detail when I'm looking near the planet.

Martin :wink:

Well done Martin... :cool:

Cracking Jupiter image mate...

So it's you that's stolen the clear sky then...Can you lend it to me for a couple of hours please....Pretty please...Pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:

Greg

Well done Martin... :lol:

Cracking Jupiter image mate...

So it's you that's stolen the clear sky then...Can you lend it to me for a couple of hours please....Pretty please...Pretty please with a cherry on top :wink:

Greg

Yeah it was me...sorry.But don't tell anyone,they would close my SGL account :cool:

Martin :p

Archived