NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New EPs and SkyWire have arrived!

AstroMum

I'm sure the more seasoned members are going to find it hilarious how excited I am over a couple of EPs and a cable, but these are my first accessories and I'm so looking forward to trying them out. :icon_scratch:

After much deliberation and the very helpful advice given by SGL members, I treated myself to the following which all arrived this morning (thank you Telescope House and Widescreen Centre):

1.25" 12mm wide angle Revelation EP

2" 30mm wide angle Revelation EP

2" 42mm wide angle Revelation EP

2"/1.25" Revelation 2x barlow

SkyWire iPhone/iPad cable for SkySafari

I had no idea the 2" EPs would be so big (or so heavy)!

I'm so sad, I even took a photograph of my new kit to share with you all. See how tiny the 1.25" looks? :)

OK, I'll stop gushing now and beg the weather gods to give us some clear skies!

post-33263-133877732227_thumb.jpg

Nice set of purchases !!

Have you tried them yet ??

I do like the Revelation gear.

Gave the new kit a go last night. The increased FoV on the 2" EPs was definitely noticeable and gave me some much better views of the Pleiades than the stock 25mm. The 2x barlow worked well too, I used it with both the new and old EPs.

Overall, very pleased with everything. Certainly not bad at less than £40 a piece!

Let us know what you think of linking up the iPhone to your 'scope. I was considering this myself only yesterday

Also gave this a go last night. Took me ages to get the GOTO aligned and it still wasn't perfect, but gave me the chance to try out the Skywire.

I found it easy to use and it was so much nicer being able to click on a target and go to it. I didn't need to know the M or NGC numbers for an object, just touch and go! I'm going to be looking at a lot more DSOs using this than I would with the handset that's for sure!

Only downside is that I couldn't use my gloves whilst operating the ipad and so my fingers were frozen. worth it though! :)

I found it easy to use and it was so much nicer being able to click on a target and go to it. I didn't need to know the M or NGC numbers for an object, just touch and go! I'm going to be looking at a lot more DSOs using this than I would with the handset that's for sure!

If you use the tonights best you cannot go far wrong with it. it is also useful with the descriptions of the objects

Only downside is that I couldn't use my gloves whilst operating the ipad and so my fingers were frozen. worth it though

Try getting fingerless gloves or even better mits that the top flips back

Don't know why I didn't think of fingerless gloves before. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones we don't even think about. :)

By the way Dunkster, I really like the sound of the SmartTouch gloves!

Just thought. You can use one of these and keep your gloves on as the ipad does not need to conduct the current from your finger to work

They are a soft tipped stylus

2x Ultra-light aluminum Touch Stylus Pen For Apple: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Now you've said that, I realise I already have one which my husband used to use to draw on my iPad. Let's hope I can find it!

Archived