NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

Real first class astronomy there soupy, NASA and MPC looking at the data shows a significant contribution to science. Weather is doing my box in at present I've used the time to update the power tank and continue with the scope box for storage and transport, It's coming together nicely shame the clear skies aren't!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heads up guys. Just to let you know that due to the observations we did at school with the faulkes telescope on comet C/2013 A1 it is now at a 1 in 2300 chance of hitting Mars, down from a 1in 700 chance before we did the observations. My name is on NASA ADS list as a contributor! Check it out. :grin:

i'm definitely up for a meet up on wednesday night - dont know if anyone fancies meeting early so we can have a group attempt at viewing panstarrs? Does teh playing fields at horbury have westward view Soupy?

Hello there I just thought I would introduce myself. I am a relative newcomer to astronomy and live in the Huddersfield/Wakefield area. None of my friends or relatives are really interested in astronomy so I have found myself a bit of a "Billy no Mates" when it comes to stargazing. I saw your group on SGL and was wondering if there was any chance of me tagging along on your next outing or your next meet, I promise not to get in the way or embarrass myself (much).

Matej what time will you be up at hawes?actually no further than sutton bank so if its better i would use it regularly.whats the wind like up there?

Rich, I would want to get there soonish - say between 8 nad 9.

The wind might be not so bad depending on where exactly you set up. There are a couple possible spots around Hawes, I went on a little trip there to look for them. Depends what you prefer - altitude, remotness, no wind.

If the weather stays promising I will be deffo going, I' ll keep you posted.

Last night I went to Lake Disctrict, met with a guy from here, nephilim, it was a great session

Archived