NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

wakefield area

crashtestdummy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you just want a night of viewing and getting used to the mount I'm sure my battery tank would power them both for hours (50ah with a current draw of 5amps an hour would last 10hours but more like 8 to be safe) as I've a few connection points on it and I know the mount take's less than 2 ams driving full speed so would easily power two mounts.

I can make that crash.looking from my house that way there seems to be mist at present? I cant see either emley moor mast or holm moss at present? going to have a bite to eat and see what it looks like after that? maybe just a patch whats it like up you way?

Mum and dad live at stocksbridge and they say its broken cloud now and can see a few stars but its not 100% so I don't blame you.I can see some but It's as misty as hell.I might have a ride out winscar way and see what its like as It's only a 20min ride.Keep you all posted

It's disheartening I'll agree crash I was looking forward to picking up some pointers as to messier hunting and maybe see my first galaxy?.I'm sure we'll have some better weather next week so I'll keep thinking positive

Sorry to hear that you didn't have much luck in Yorkshire guys.

I took a risk and ventured to Wales and although there was a thin mist at the horizon, actually managed to stay till the moonrise, completely frozen over, both scope and the car, haha. Found a great spot with good altitude though, as dark as it can be for a <100 miles drive for me ;)

Let's hope we'll have more clear nights near the New Moon

I really hope so! I actually have most of the neighbours wanting to come round and have a look at some comet that is rumoured to exist above that white soup glued to the surface of this stupid planet!

Come on clouds...be nice, just once be nice.

Archived