Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My patch of sky needs a garden...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get yourself a few lengths of copper tube cut it into small pieces knock the small pieces into the trees, the copper will kill the trees (may take some time), the council will have to remove them, thne when you realise behind the trees are street lights, a 10 gauge shotgun will do that trick, having being arested for discharghing a firearm near a public highway the gap in the trees is the last thing youll worry about.

Problem solved.

Kev.

Get yourself a few lengths of copper tube cut it into small pieces knock the small pieces into the trees, the copper will kill the trees (may take some time), the council will have to remove them, thne when you realise behind the trees are street lights, a 10 gauge shotgun will do that trick, having being arested for discharghing a firearm near a public highway the gap in the trees is the last thing youll worry about.

Problem solved.

Kev.

:icon_scratch::) :) LOL... My trees will have to stay then or chaos could unfold... :D

I used to love my tree-filled garden - perfect for shady sitting in the summer & watching the birdlife....then I got my first scope at christmas. Now every time I go out to use the scope, I wonder which bit to cut down next! So difficult to combine hobbies.

Not quite your dilema, but i used to live in a flat. We had a small balcony (just fit 150p on it), with a balcony overhead. The flats were an L shape block, so I had a letter box area of sky - most of which was low down in the murk of terrible light pollution and street lights next to me. There was also a road next to the balcony so I had to go out really late to limit the amount of passers by - 'are you looking for aliens?', 'that's a big one ' etc,etc. Not ideal, but it made star parties all the better.

you could try to contact your local council and ask for the tree officer ask them to come take a look maybe they will pollard(trim) the tree for you. they are obliged to come take a look if phoned i believe

and maybe you could think of a better reason for the tree to be worked on other than astronomy (branches going into road/close to building /use Google) as this may get you better results.

and don't worry about the tree it will grow back healthy but once on the radar they should keep it trimmed

hope this helped star

I used to love my tree-filled garden - perfect for shady sitting in the summer & watching the birdlife....then I got my first scope at christmas. Now every time I go out to use the scope, I wonder which bit to cut down next! So difficult to combine hobbies.

So far, I've chopped down approx 30 blooming fir trees here, and still a few left to go, also have to sort one of the hedges out, that is over grown with wild cherry plums.

Oh, and topped a beech tree hedge!

Loads of wood for the fire!!

Heck that's brilliant Frank.

seems this thread has changed topic. Apologies Ella.

I wonder which wins? The beauty of a garden or that of the Universe? No matter.... both are a joy to me :)

Hey is fine... just getting garden jealousy... :icon_scratch:

In this case it IS a hard combination... :icon_scratch:

Not quite your dilema, but i used to live in a flat. We had a small balcony (just fit 150p on it), with a balcony overhead. The flats were an L shape block, so I had a letter box area of sky - most of which was low down in the murk of terrible light pollution and street lights next to me. There was also a road next to the balcony so I had to go out really late to limit the amount of passers by - 'are you looking for aliens?', 'that's a big one ' etc,etc. Not ideal, but it made star parties all the better.

This is very my dilemma like... yeah wanting to avoid the public as much as possible... moving would be easier for me than nightly comments to distract me... :icon_scratch:

you could try to contact your local council and ask for the tree officer ask them to come take a look maybe they will pollard(trim) the tree for you. they are obliged to come take a look if phoned i believe

and maybe you could think of a better reason for the tree to be worked on other than astronomy (branches going into road/close to building /use Google) as this may get you better results.

and don't worry about the tree it will grow back healthy but once on the radar they should keep it trimmed

hope this helped star

Thanks for your info... will have to look into this... :icon_scratch:

East, South, and West are fine here, North is the only problem to view, as there are tall sycamores, which are on the farmers boundary, so cant chop them down, not to much of a problem, just means I have to setup in our orchard to view north

Love it here, 5 acreas to play in, and no meighbours.

not really a garden then, more like a park :icon_scratch:

When we first got here it was a complete jungle, having been neglected for approx 15 years

Its divided into three, the 'garden' bit is approx 1.5 acres, took approx 18 months just to get that back to normal grass

Should do star gazing tent holidays lol

Hello Ella,,you said you live in a block of apartments,can you get up to the roof of the block do they have a door leading out to it say for a fire exit of something,,,most blocks of apartment should have that,,, greg

Hi Greg... My flats only have 3 levels & my roof is a normal house roof... id be too scared scopeing on a block tower roof so high up... :icon_scratch:

I've nice views from my back garden only thing here in ireland its always cloudy

An astronomers nightmare them clouds... at least you have good views when the clouds eventually go however looong that takes... :icon_scratch:

Archived