Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron CPC 800 Vs CPC 1100

Taking the money out of consideration is the CPC 1100 a much better telescope? Does anyone have any comparison photographs?

Also one other thing i'm really keen to find out is i know the CPC 1100 is heavier, but is the Tripod bigger, most importantly the footprint of the Telescope?

Thanks... Trying to weigh up the extra £1000 cost.

Before Christmas, I was deciding on a CPC 800, 925 or 1100.

I managed to reduce the choice to either an 800 or 1100 on the basis of weight and dimensions:

The 925 is 58lbs (+19lbs tripod) and the 1100 is 65lbs (+19 tripod). At 23” long, the 1100 OTA is only an inch longer than the 925 one ... hence my thoughts that it’s either an 800 or an 1100 ... the 925 is nearly as heavy and the same size and might not give that much more advantage over the 8” tube for the extra £350 given the downsides of the added weight

But then again, visually speaking, I don’t know how much more I would see going from an 800 to a 925, versus from an 800 to an 1100.

In the end, I went for the 1100 on the basis that aperture is king! I can't be 100% sure on the tripod's sizes, but based on them being exactly the same weight, I'd be pretty sure that part of the scopes is the same.

I had the CPC800 and it was a smashing Sct. When I came to upgrade I went for the CPC925 because I wanted something still portable that I can lift. If I had an observatory and permanent pier I would have gone for the CPC1100 for the extra light grasp and focal length. Imho all three are teriffic scopes depending on how you want to use it :)

i went through this myself recently..... :icon_eek:

I have the 1100 like Alistair and its a lovely piece of kit. I am sure the 800 will be too. I went for the 1100 since, A. I am a strong lad and B. I will get an observatory with a peer in a few years to mount it permanently. Would rather not have to flog an 800 only to buy the 1100 in two years.

If you have any doubts at all go for the 800. It'll be lovely. Or the 925 like Kim. I thought about that a lot but decided on the 1100 in the end based on aperture and the fact that the 1100 is only a bit heavier.

Congrats ad good luck with your purchase.

P.S. you can spend forever at this game. I had telescope kit 25 years ago but there is so many more gizmos nowadays to spend money on its unbelievable. Learn when to say "enough" is a good tip :)

Steve

Archived