Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which eyepiece next?

Rattler

I have a 200p and have the 10mm and 25mm eyepiece that came with it and I bought a 2x Barlow. I was thinking about getting a 3x Barlow especially for web cam imaging. What are your views and any suggestions on which makes to get?Cheers.

Hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon and continuing the post...but i'm in exactly the same situation as you...

200P with the supplied 10mm 25mm and 2xBarlow and looking at eyepiece upgrades...

(as low a budget as possible)

I've just acquired a 32mm Celestron Omni which i hope will be a nice bright Widefield Eyepiece and am looking at a Celestron X-CEL 10mm to replace the (frankly rubbish) 10mm that came with the scope...is that a good choice?

I am looking for a new eyepiece for a Skywatcher 200p as well.

The Hyperion 8mm at £92 seems a good choice.

But is it much better than say a BST at £41, Celeston X-Cel 9mm at £69?

Do people upgrade from he BST to Hyperion? Or is that not really worth the bother?

Hyperions are great if your scope is F/6 or slower.

The BST Explorers seem to be pretty good though so the upgrade may not be that noticeable to be honest.

As you pay more and more for eyepieces, the improvements get smaller and smaller !

I've read that the X-Cel LX may be a touch better than the Hyperion although you get a slightly larger field of view with the Hyperion of course.

Archived