Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 23rd January

swamp thing

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One forecast shows increasing amounts of cloud (up to 60% by 3am) there on friday night, but 0% cloud cover on thursday night from 9pm onwards. Slightly lower relative humidity on thursday night too...

Yeah, the on-line beeb weather forecast is showing Thurs as a good night.....

SwampThing, where is Bignor Hill? Googls maps won't play when I type it in there..:)

I can do either thursday or Friday or both.

If its clear tomorrow and anyone wants to go for it put a post up.

If not Friday works for me too.

My forecast app is showing better friday but these things are not that accurate.:)

I might not be able to make friday night for other reasons. but I could well make tomorrow night.

If i'm there, i'll be next to a red SEAT at the location SwampThing suggested.

cheers

tb

If its clear tomorrow I'll PM you my phone number.that way we won't miss one another.

The last bit of the route is tricky:eek:

Wouldn't want anyone getting lost.

My best route takes me down the parallel A285 (A3 & A272). Probably best if we meet at the Villa as I only have manual paper satnav.

No worries matey. Have you still got my number Darren? If not I'll PM it to you.

If its clear thursday I might well have another bash at it on Friday have very little work this week so should be able to rest up okay in between.

I can use it manually but would prefer the luxury of GOTO and tracking. It came with power lead that plugs into car cigarette lighter. A bit limited in length but assume this will do the job??

Must also get map co-ordinates to put into GOTO.

Got my Unca Jessies (from long nights carping) ready to go so should be well insulated.

Must get a flask. Good call.

Swamp thing - how ill you PM me from phone to phone??

Tb

By the way Leebert, saw that photo of M42 on your flickr site....nice!

Thank you :) It's the only one that's come out okay so far. I seem to have more luck with the webcam on the planets.

Hope I'll get the chance to come to Bignor. Not 100% though as it's about a 3 hour round trip for me :)

Lee

The AA predict a 2.5 hr round trip for me but the skies should be worth it down there and I'm sure I can shave some of that driving time off too, legally of course;)

Tom

I don't know anything about routing the power from your GOTO to the car lighter thing, but I'd be weary of running down the car battery in such a remote spot. Probably worth asking the question here on SGL etc

Swamp thing - how ill you PM me from phone to phone??

Tb

PM sent

Thank you :)

Hope I'll get the chance to come to Bignor. Not 100% though as it's about a 3 hour round trip for me :)

It takes me about an hour and a quarter each way from Sutton.

So it's not really near any of us unfortunately.:)

Ps shall I bring some jumpers Tom?

Bignor Hill.

Hope this works.

Maps+ by IZE - Pin Preview

If you come down the A29 you'll see brown heritage signs with "Roman Villa" on. Follow these and they will take you most of the way.

We can meet at the Villa if it's easier?

Wow, that is 'out of the way', bet you get some great dark skies there. Must do I guess to make it worth the journey.

I can't make it along this time, hope you guys have good clear skies tho. Looks like I may have to spend an hour or two in the back garden tonight - all looking very clear at the mo...... fingers crossed :)

Archived