NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first real Jupiter and Saturn - help needed!

Well, after much frustration with getting connections and software working, and then being peripatetic (not easy with a NS8!) around the garden to actually get saturn and then jupiter in view, I managed a few avis. I used Martin's primer as my starting point (Thanks Martin!).

Here are the results of my processing. I'm not very impressed! (B&W is, as everyone told me, so much easier to process!).

100 sec on 10fps with NS8, toucam and 2xbarlow.

Colours don't look right, and not much detail... but apart from that....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Any suggestions on what to do differently in either capture or processing would be VERY welcome!

Thanks

Helen

Those are pretty good for your first attempt :)

On the saturn one you need to bring the saturation down a bit cause you lose detail, play around with the sliders. I find just moving until you get a very pale buttery colour seems to bring the best out, you can always fine tune when processing.

Jupiter one looks good, I haven't managed to grab Jupiter yet as it hasn't cleared the roof tops for me :)

I hope I can produce results like this by myself one day, great image Helen!

-S2cXflGi2I0wxuv-V7Kqf+ivmgHhqEY01E0.jpg

I got a thirst for imaging now, so I hope you dont mind me playing around with it a little too, just as practice.

• 1 month later...

Archived