Hello from a bewildered Cazz

Cazz

Hi, I'm Cazz, I'm completely new to all this, so apologises for any silly errors and lack of knowledge. :)

My as good as husband has always enjoyed looking at the sky, he had a telescope for his 12th Birthday, that was obviously a while ago, but due to general life and commitments and things, he hasn't used it in a very long time.

After the recent Star gazing programme, he decided to get it back into action, unfortunately it had been in his parents attic for many years and in that time some bits and bobs have gone missing, so I probably stupidly said I would see if we could replace them, this is where I got bewildered.

His telescope is a Hunter Astronomer, it has it's wooden tripod, the range finder? and Barlow lenses missing. Now my question is, are these parts still available, or are they like hens teeth, therefore stupid money?

So that's my story of how I got to being posting here, many thanks for any help, Cazz :D

Thanks for the link, I couldn't see it on there, but I think his is possibly a 1970's or 80's one. It would also help if I got the name right, lol, it's a Hunter astronomical.

Here is pic of it, mounted on our camera tripod. I stood it up right so I could fit it in front of the door.

RbT9jh5V

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caz,

Welcome to the forums.

The "range finder" is probably a finderscope - easily replaced.

The "Barlow" is easily replaced too, you will need to know the size of the eyepiece, which, if you are lucky, will be the more modern 1.25 inches (rather than the 0.9?? inches which is an older standard).

Archived