Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

low power e.p. 2 or 1.25

Hello all at SGL,

A bit of advice needed regarding a low powered E.P.

I have been looking around for a while with a budget of about £60 ish, & have so far narrowed it down to:

GSO Revelation 2 30mm

GSO Kelner 2 32mm

Vixen npl 30mm/ 1.25

or I have just noticed FLO doing a Meade 4000 SP for £25.00 again only in 1.25. What I want is decent low powered views in my 200p. As usual any advice or recommendations would be great. Would any of these or others work well with my scope. Thanks in advance.

Vixen NPL 30mm/ 1.25

Great EP. Very sharp image to the edge and the contrast in the NPL's between objects and the sky behind is amazing.

32mm GSO Plossl (its the one that comes in Celestron and Revelation EP kits) is also a superb EP. Its not as sharp or contrasty as the NPL but is a fantastic EP.

Kelner are bog standard EP and come with many Celestron scopes as part and package. Ok to use for a while til you get to know what suits you, but i wouldn't set out to buy one.

I use the NPL range with all of my scopes and swear by them.

Its a very personal thing (choosing EP's). Other may have other choices, but for £30................i feel you cant go wrong with the NPL's.

Certainly dont go with my advice just for the sake of it. Others will have differing opinions.

For widefield I use a revelation 2" 42mm, personally I think its great but many have said they don't like them. Only disappoinment I have is that I still cannot fit the whole of the plaeides in the fov. I think it is started as having 65 degree fov, but I think it might be less.

The best 2" option in the sort of price range you indicate is, in my view, the 32mm Skywatcher Panaview. I say "sort of" because it's actually £19 more than your budget but the eyepiece delivers a much wider field than a 1.25" can and all the feedback I read on here is positive about it. Many say it's their favorite eyepiece in scopes similar to yours. So it might just be worth stretching the budget if you can.

Thanks for that chaps. Mmm might fork out for the 32mm Panaview 2, thanks for the advice John. I have been reading up on them, they sound great. Also vary in price from FLO £79 upwards to £90. Also looked at the Televue SP's. I will decide over the next week or so. Thanks again all.

Thanks for that chaps. Mmm might fork out for the 32mm Panaview 2, thanks for the advice John. I have been reading up on them, they sound great. Also vary in price from FLO £79 upwards to £90. Also looked at the Televue SP's. I will decide over the next week or so. Thanks again all.

This is the wide angle lens I'm holding out for now (just going to buy an 8mm this weekend to start my upgrade - I have a 200p also)

I got an email from Martin at FLO yesterday singing its praises (the 32mm Pana that is) but tells me his supplier has no stock and they won't be available until April but his opinion s that its worth the wait - good luck anyway:icon_salut:

cheers

Steve

Archived