Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

3 weeks of drawing

todd8137

hi all

just a few picks from the last few years and a bit from last year all done with the 300p and various eps i mainly like the moon for the pencil work but on the night i did the great Orion neb you could see a green hue and i had no filters on if i taped the 300p lightly in between the blur it was almost 3D,the green was not a trick of the eyes it was unreal,the pic is how i saw it the depth of the clouds i just do not have the skills to do that so that the best i could do ,the craters are what i love they are so simple and the lines are all 2d some are 3d but we only have limited skills ,i hope it urges people with better skills decide to give it a go (go on paul)

cheers todd8137

post-22639-133877720045_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877720051_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877720055_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877720059_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877720064_thumb.jpg

post-22639-133877720068_thumb.jpg

Nice work, my M42 attempt ended in the bin, it looked alright when I was doing it, but not so good in the cold light of day :)

M42 is spectacular in a 12".

I've been sidetracked by webcam imaging Jupiter, next clear night it's pencil and paper again.

Nice work, my M42 attempt ended in the bin, it looked alright when I was doing it, but not so good in the cold light of day :)

M42 is spectacular in a 12".

I've been sidetracked by webcam imaging Jupiter, next clear night it's pencil and paper again.

hi yes my Orion started good and looked great under the dim head torch i use ,it looks a little like a man stood with his back towards you. but i did see it with a green color not loads just in places

i had the webcam bug for about a year i am slowing down with it as hours are spent try in to get stuff on those tiny chips with the 12" so now its pencils again its all about shading and shadowing good look next time you out

I seriously like your crater drawings. Perhaps an odd question, but have you ever thought about selling them as art? I think they're fabulous.

thanks for your kind words, they are not that great but i am my own worst critic,but getting back into it just got to wait now for a clear night and the moon

thanks again clear skies

Very cool drawings - they have a great style to them! I'm trying to start drawing a bit more and imaging a bit less. Keep drawing - great stuff!

the dark side can take over ,my webcam was calling me every clear night and i lost touch with drawing and visual work ( 3 years in and still mot finished the M list) but pencils it is from now

• 4 weeks later...

Wow - excellent. Finally got around to looking in this sketching section, and I must say the images here are stunning. Todd and the others who show their work here deserve massive credit for sharing such beautiful interpretations and realisations of the beauties of the night sky!

I particularly like your style, Todd. Very expressive lines show the harsh light effects on the moon's craters to perfection! Kudos! I'll echo DarkerSky's post - these are surely good enough to sell (and if so let us know....).

Maybe I'll be inspired myself.... . Got to be way cheaper than photoimaging, but probably even harder to get it just "right".

Looking forward to seeing some more of your work soon!

Wow - excellent. Finally got around to looking in this sketching section, and I must say the images here are stunning. Todd and the others who show their work here deserve massive credit for sharing such beautiful interpretations and realisations of the beauties of the night sky!

I particularly like your style, Todd. Very expressive lines show the harsh light effects on the moon's craters to perfection! Kudos! I'll echo DarkerSky's post - these are surely good enough to sell (and if so let us know....).

Maybe I'll be inspired myself.... . Got to be way cheaper than photoimaging, but probably even harder to get it just "right".

thanks for your comments i do have a funny style my art teacher always said you will never able to draw to save ya life ,i find drawing does make you look that bit harder might give some more craters the same treatment thanks again ,please do give it a go and post your pics up

cheers pat

heres a link for my other pics here on sgl if you interested

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-sketches-unconventional/174027-more-pencil-work.html

Archived