Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When 8" Became My Grab n Go!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got the handles from WDS ltd.

http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/products/Machine-Parts/Handles/WDS-8517-Handle-492/

They're a bit pricey now so these are the handles I would recommend now. Pic of another dob with these handles.

http://www.wdsltd.co.uk/products/Machine-Parts/Handles/WDS-8532-Handle-177/

Be warned though when you look around on the WDS site they have lots and lots of other bits useful for modding your dob. In particular the thumbsrew section. :D

John

WoW John that looks awesome is it a 14 " ? .

seeing these pictures makes me want one :)

To install the main handle I had to remove the primary mirror cell. Then it was just a case of measuring very carefully to get the centre line of the tube before drilling the holes. Get some "body repair washers" which are large diameter ones from a DIY shop and put them under the bolt heads inside the tube.

The front handle is a lot easier. Just put a bag around the secondary before drilling the mounting holes.

John

• 4 weeks later...
To install the main handle I had to remove the primary mirror cell. Then it was just a case of measuring very carefully to get the centre line of the tube before drilling the holes. Get some "body repair washers" which are large diameter ones from a DIY shop and put them under the bolt heads inside the tube.

The front handle is a lot easier. Just put a bag around the secondary before drilling the mounting holes.

John

Hi john,

I'm about to order 2 of these handles in Steel, not sure what the brass would look like? :)WDS 8532 Handle, Handles - WDS

What screws or bolts did you use?

are these the right washers for it? Parma Body Repair Kit (Foam Washers & Adhesive Protecto | eBay

And is that a waight at the bottom of the dob? if so where u get that :p

Greatful for your help.

Cheers :(

Hi john,

I'm about to order 2 of these handles in Steel, not sure what the brass would look like? :)WDS 8532 Handle, Handles - WDS

What screws or bolts did you use?

are these the right washers for it? Parma Body Repair Kit (Foam Washers & Adhesive Protecto | eBay

And is that a waight at the bottom of the dob? if so where u get that :p

Greatful for your help.

Cheers :(

Replied to your PM

John

John

Archived