NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Thank You Astro Baby

When out with my scope 2 nights ago I was aware of significant flaring of stars and not the crisp pinheads of light that should be seen. Could not put off collimating my 130 SLT any longer - I'm a beginner so it was something I was dreading.

Printed off Astro Baby's guide and followed ot line by line step by step and guess what - its in collimation. Acid test of course is when I point it at the sky.

Key points from a beginners perspective was using white paper to block off the primary mirror for the first few checks of the secondary - so much clearer as to what it is your looking at and secondly not using the Cheshire until the last step.

So a big thank you Astro Baby - I've got a grin from ear to ear.:)

Took the newly collimated scope out at about 18.00 and yes I'm pleased to say it worked. everything is so much crisper and the star test produce the concentric rings as required - phew - I'm glad that worked:)

Archived