Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi resolution deep sky work :)

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Yesterday i made a crazy experience, coupling my DMK 21 to the 300 mm GSO newt. riding the freshly supertunned EQ6 :D

There was a lot of turbulence and a bright almost full moon near by, first target was the esquimo nebula in Gemini, shoot 150x 2 sec. exposures to 2freeze" the seeing taking advantage of the HUGE light gathering of the 300 mm f/5 newt. Second target was the trap in M42, i tried to squeeze all the componets of this multiple system, and nice...they are there, components A, B, C, D E, f, G and H, these two of 16th MAG:!!!! Only with 5 sec. exposures (120 x 5 sec. gain at 800).

I'll try again this crazy experience under a steadier sky with no moon, i'm really enjoying this :(:icon_scratch:

Hope you enjoy too,

Best wishes,

Luís

post-25681-133877715806_thumb.jpg

post-25681-133877715814_thumb.jpg

With lots of subs, you can use them to increase the resolution of the picture (simple idea and process but a resource hog).

Stunning photos.. I'm very jelious of those with the 350mm ultra OO newts.. then I remind myself that I have to live in the same house and keep the missus happy!

Edit: I notice from the filename of the first photo that you're drizzling - this basically the same process as I've described.

With lots of subs, you can use them to increase the resolution of the picture (simple idea and process but a resource hog).

Stunning photos.. I'm very jelious of those with the 350mm ultra OO newts.. then I remind myself that I have to live in the same house and keep the missus happy!

Edit: I notice from the filename of the first photo that you're drizzling - this basically the same process as I've described.

Hi there Nick,

Yup, these two were drizzled under Registax version 6, iy does help to make a more detailed image and a more pleasant image scale with no resolution lost.

I understand you very well, this 300 mm newt. is a beast! And can you imagine I had it mounted on a balcony observatory? Thankfully now it's on my back yard (new house) :icon_scratch: the wife is much cooler about that now...lol

Cheers,

Luís

Archived