Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full Moon last night, USB cable test.

BlueAstra

Bit cloudy with some clear intervals last night, so decided to try out some connection options for my DMK camera. I remote desktop to the scope PC, which normally works OK, but when using the DMK it slows the program operation on the house PC to be almost unusable. So I tried an independent link to the camera via USB to the house PC. I found that my repeater USB cables would not work, but a simple USB extension would! I had the remote desktop window on the house PC controlling the mount and filter wheel, and the DMK capture program running directly on the house PC. This worked very well, and I can now run video capture remotely.

I took a few test shots during the process so I thought I would post them. Its not the best time, with the full moon not providing much contrast. I also have some Jupiter shots not yet processed. These are random area shots taken while checking the cable operation with my C8 SCT+SX filter wheel + DMK + EQ6. Roughly 1400 frames at 60fps, processed in Registax.

video0122ps1.jpg

video0121ps1.jpg

MareCrisium0119.jpg

Archived